Summer is already coming in and if you are one of those people who wants take advantage of the extra hours of sunshine to learn new things, we've got you covered with some ideas to get you started. With the gigantic number of free online courses that you can get on the Internet, you may be encouraged to start one this month.
We have compiled 30 + 1 courses from prestigious universities and institutions in Spain, Latin America and the rest of the world, in which you can enroll this month and take mostly at your own pace. All courses are in Spanish (or they have subtitles in Spanish), they are free and only require you to create an account on the corresponding platform.
Note: all courses are free, in some cases the basic material is open or the complete courses can be taken in audit mode, there is even the possibility of requesting financial aid on platforms such as Coursera. Only certificates and certain elements such as evaluations or additional support have a cost.
Information Technology Courses
- Information Technology Management: a course at the University of Palermo in which you will receive an introduction to the operations of a company and its business processes, as well as the information systems that must support them. You will understand the role of operations and IT within an organization.
- Technical Support Basics - A Google course that prepares you for a role as an entry-level IT support specialist. You will learn about the different facets of information technology such as computer hardware and software, the Internet, troubleshooting, and customer service.
- IT Infrastructure Systems and Services Management - A Google course in which you will learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, large and small, running. You will also learn how to manage and configure servers, and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity.
- Introduction to IT project management: a course at the Autonomous University of Madrid in which you will learn about the procedures, methods and techniques aimed at managing software projects, including communication and PMBOK.
- Customer-Centered IT Strategy: A course from the University of Virginia in which you will learn about the main challenges of the corporate IT sector and how to approach them through the use of design thinking (“Design Thinking”), the methodology “Lean Startup ”And the principles of the agile manifesto as a team structure.
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User - A Google course in which you will learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks such as managing software and users, and configuring hardware.
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: Hardware: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the basic hardware concepts on which information systems and communications networks are based. You will also see the different components of a personal computer (CPU, memory, motherboard, hard drives) and its peripherals, the bases of the binary system and how information is encoded in computer systems, the bases of electronic communication networks and different equipment and standards used in wired and wireless networks.
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: Software Development: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the basic concepts of software development project management, reviewing the basic concepts and roles of project management and cycle management systems development life, the tools and methods used in software development, the standards used in the development and the design of the user interface of a computer system.
- ICT Fundamentals for Business Professionals: Business Applications: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the basics of the most used ICT tools in the company, office automation packages, email, conference systems and systems integrated management systems such as ERP (Company Resource Planner), CRM (Customer Relationship Manager), SCM (Supply Chain Management) or BI (Business Intelligence), among others.
- Practical and From Scratch Virtualbox Course: a free course on Udemy in which you will learn how to use VirtualBox and configure it to create your own practice labs. From virtualizing operating systems, to creating shared folders between your real and virtual machine, configuring network adapters, and more.
- Open Source Software Development Methods: a Linux Foundation course (in English with Spanish subtitles), in which you will learn what open source software is, its history, and its benefits. About license types, best practices in collaboration, and some examples of successful open source software, such as Linux.
- Kali Linux. Installation, commands and tools practice: a free course on Udemy where you will learn how to install Kali Linux, use the basic commands and all the initial knowledge you must have to start using the tool in computer security.
- CentOS7: Everything you need to master it: a free course on Udemy where you will learn the basic knowledge to manage centOS7 both professionally and privately. In addition, it is also used to learn how to handle Red Hat Enterprise Linux and its derivatives.
- Linux for Beginners: an introductory course for those who have little knowledge of Linux, and want to get started in the world understanding its differences versus Windows.
- Red Hat Server Hardening - A course to teach system administrators how to configure systems to meet various security best practices or security policy auditing requirements.
- Red Hat Performance Tuning - A course designed to teach high-level Linux system administrators the methodology of performance tuning. This course looks at system architecture with an emphasis on understanding the implications of system architecture for system performance, performance tuning, open source reference utilities, network performance, and configurations.
- Bash - Linux Shell. Learn from scratch: a course in which you will learn to use a command interpreter in Linux. They will teach you all the necessary concepts from the beginning and little by little, so you will have a good base on which to expand your skills.
- Windows Server 2012 and Linux Ubuntu Server for beginners: a course so that you can familiarize yourself with the operating systems used by the vast majority of companies to manage their computer services, and in this way you learn the basic concepts from the installation.
- GNU / Linux: Take your first steps: A basic guide to get started in the GNU / Linux world and understand its fundamentals.
- Ethical Hacking from Scratch: a course on computer security where you will see the most important steps to be able to completely execute an intrusion to a Linux system. You will know the most basic tools used when performing a pentesting process with practical examples that are easy for you to understand.
Other computer science courses
- Internet of Things: Python Fundamentals: a course from Galileo University in which you will learn the fundamentals of python is aimed at giving students an initialization on the most popular and productivity-focused programming language, which is used in branches as data science and IoT.
- Machine learning and data science: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to value and extract knowledge from data, using generic data analysis techniques and tools, and machine learning in particular.
- Object detection: a course at the Autonomous University of Barcelona in which you will be introduced to the basic principles of any automatic system for the detection and recognition of objects in images.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Main Algorithms - A Galileo University course in which you will learn how the artificial intelligence algorithms that make chatbos, autonomous cars, voice recognition, and more work, work.
- Introduction to C programming: Data types and structures: a course at the Autonomous University of Madrid in which you will learn the basic concepts that will help you develop the programming skills necessary to get started in the C language.
- Audio coding: Beyond MP3: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the fundamentals of audio compression systems as well as the most widely used standards. The standards of the MPEG group such as MP3 and AAC will be seen, as well as other open source ones such as OPU
- Deep Learning: a course from the Anahuac University Network in which you will learn what a neural network is, how to create a neural network, and train a neural network with a set of images.
- Fundamentals of the Internet of Things (IoT): Security I: a course from Galileo University in which you will learn the importance of security in IoT devices, their most common vulnerabilities and threats, as well as the security models to mitigate them.
- Sixty years of artificial intelligence: a course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn about the past, present and future of artificial intelligence. The social, ethical and philosophical implications of developments in artificial intelligence will be discussed.
- Machine Learning: A course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn the general fundamentals of machine learning, as well as specific methods and some practical aspects.
- Fundamentals of Blockchain Technology: a course from the Pontificia Universidad Javierana in which you will learn about Bitcoin, blockchain technology, its operation, use cases and how it will change our lives.