Say goodbye to the annoying sound of the WhatsApp camera
WhatsApp is an application that despite having text messaging as its main function, it is known by all that it is not the only function it has. The variety of options that it offers us is quite extensive, and among them is the camera, however, constantly listening the default camera sound can be annoying if we are taking many photos, especially if we are in a public space and we do not want to disturb others. Therefore, we are going to explain how to remove sound from WhatsApp camera step by step.
Remove sound from WhatsApp camera
First of all, it must be said that the application of WhatsApp does not have an option that allows you to disable the sound of the cameraHowever, it is possible to use a few tricks to mute the shutter sound when taking a photo.
Mute the mobile
Without a doubt, the easiest way to remove the sound from the camera is put the mobile in vibrate or silent mode. To do this you have 3 options:
With the volume buttons
- Unlock your mobile
- Press the button lower volume
- Select the bell icon to put it completely silent
- Enter to Mobile configuration
- Then go to option Sound and vibration
- Look for the option Do not disturb and activate it
By the notification panel
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Select the bell icon to switch to silent mode
By applying any of these steps all sounds from the mobile will be silenced including calls, notifications and the WhatsApp camera. Although you should know that taking photos without any sound is not allowed by some manufacturers, to avoid any type of harassment, so the above options will not work for you. However, if this is not your case, and what you want is not to disturb others, you can try other methods.
Edit the sound file of the WhatsApp camera
This method consists of modifying the file called shutter.ogg or camera_shutter.ogg, depending on the mobile. When modifying said file it is possible to permanently delete the sound of the camera in WhatsApp and usually also in the default mobile camera app, but you must be root, if you don't know how to be root, check this article first, and then follow the next steps.
- You must enter your File manager
- Follow the route according to your mobile, although in most cases it is in / system / media / audio / ui /
- Now look for the file Shutter.ogg or camera_click.ogg depends on smartphone and Android version
- Rename the file to shutter.ogg.old or camera_shutter.ogg.old
- Turn the mobile off and on again
Use a third-party app
Finally, if you have not been able to silence your mobile with the first method, and the second is very complicated for you, there is one last option. You can try using an app like Tasker.
It works very well when automating some mobile options such as adjusting the brightness, WiFi, or activating the silent mode. Notably it is a paid application, but no subscription, a single payment of 3.59 euros which is really worth it.
Related topics: Applications, Free Applications, WhatsApp