Do not hesitate for a second, if you use any of the passwords mentioned in this article, you must change them for more secure ones.
Use different passwords in each of your accounts is one of the main security tips for protect your presence on the web. In addition, it is recommended that these passwords consist of numbers, letters and other symbols so that they have a high level of security.
Every year reports come to light that reveal the most hacked passwords in the world, those so easy that anyone can guess. As you can imagine, the best thing is that you do not use any of these codes, as that would mean that hackers could access your accounts and, thus, your private data without much difficulty.
This time we will talk about the study of NordPass, a password manager owned by NordVPN, which reveals the 200 most hacked passwords of the moment. In addition to saying what they are, the report specifies how many times they were specifically hacked during 2020. Let's find out what those dangerous passwords are.
The world's most hacked passwords
We know that thinking of a new password for that digital service in which you are going to register can be tedious. Also, imagine that later it will be impossible that password so far-fetched that you are going to establish.
For this reason, many users choose the easy way and they configure passwords with the simplest combinations that they will later remember without any problem. This is how we get to the most hacked passwords in the world, those that have been hacked at least 50,000 times during the year.
The report prepared by NordPass gathers the 200 most hacked passwords, although we stayed only with the 25 most popular. These are:
- 123456 - Hacked 23,597,311 times.
- 123456789 - Hacked 7,870,694 times.
- QWERTY - Hacked 3,946,737 times.
- password - Hacked 3,759,315 times.
- 12345678 - Hacked 2,944,615 times.
- abc123 - Hacked 2,877,689 times.
- password1 - Hacked 2,418,984 times.
- 000000- Hacked 1,959,780 times.
- iloveyou - Hacked 1,645,337 times.
- monkey: Hacked 992,381 times.
- qwertyuiop: 1,108,463 hacks.
- 1234 - Hacked 1,296,186 times.
- dragon - 984,209 hacks.
- 666666 - Hacked 889,482 times.
- myspace1 - Hacked 737,761 times.
- 1q2w3e4r - 658,945 hacks.
- 987654321 - Hacked 599,177 times.
- zxcvbnm - 592,416 hacks.
- fuckyou - 557,507 hacks.
- 112233 - Hacked 543,303 times.
- 123123123 - Hacked 505,507 times.
- 123456a - 980,190 hacks.
- 654321 - Hacked 953,549 times.
- 1q2w3e4r5t - 1,199,289 hacks.
- 123123 - Hacked 2,238,694 times.
- 1234567890 - 2,264,884 hacks.
This is the list with 25 of the 200 most hacked passwords in the world. As you can see, most of them are very basic, with number combinations from 1 to 9. Others opt for lyrics, like "iloveyou", and others are more in the style of the devil, like "666666".
The important thing is that you review this list well and access your passwords to check if you use any of the mentioned. To do this, if you have a Google account, you can see the passwords stored in your username.
Once you confirm that you too have fallen into using some of the most hacked passwords in the world, what you should do is change them immediately. To make that new pattern more secure, you can use a number of tricks, such as do not use personal data. The most normal thing is that your new passwords are difficult to remember, as they will use elaborate combinations of numbers and letters. Nothing happens, because you can use the help of password managers so that they memorize them for you.
Related topics: Technology