Are you looking for a player for your TV and you doubt between an Android TV Box and an Android TV? They may seem the same both include identical system baseBut the two differ enough to warrant an in-depth appraisal before your purchase. We tell you what their similarities and differences are.
We usually refer to the innumerable number of devices that use any version of Android since this operating system is suitable for almost any connected object. It is true: we can find Android even in refrigerators. And of course, if televisions are increasingly connected, why not put Android on the TV itself or on a player connected by HDMI? Said and done, there is Android TV. But it is not the only version of the operating system that circulates on these devices.
Only Android TV is designed for televisions
The two concepts concern a similar device: a player that, in communion with TV, offers smart TV or Smart TV services just by connecting it to the big screen through an HDMI (There are televisions that already have Android TV integrated). The biggest difference between the two is that an Android TV Box has a "normal" operating system (usually an AOSP version) that is not specifically adapted for television; so the applications to be installed they may not look right.
Android TV Boxes offer access to the most common streaming applications, they also allow you to download games and a multitude of other apps, just as if you had a mobile phone or a tablet. In fact, the Android TV Box interface is usually that of a tablet: horizontally and with a control to move between the different shortcuts. This lack of adaptation. Android TV Boxes do not adapt their interface to large cards, the best way to move with a remote control.
Android TVs differ from those that put a "Box" in their name in that they do have an adapted version of the system: the use from the remote control is much more comfortable, They also integrate Google Assistant to use the device with your voice.
Android TV Boxes have an operating system version that is not specifically developed for television
In general, the remote control of an Android TV is very simple: navigation cursor, volume, back, Home, accept and Google Assistant. Despite its simplicity, this type of remote control is enough and is enough to use an Android TV perfectly. Simplicity is a major advantage
Advantages of an Android TV Box
It has already become clear that the main difference between an Android TV Box and an Android TV is that the second has an interface 100% adapted to the use of the 'classic' remote control. This does not imply that a Box is bad in itself since everything will depend on the use. And these are its advantages.
- Android TV Boxes are usually quite cheap (there are also cheap Android TVs, but they are not abundant).
- They do not usually have limitations in apps and games: access almost the entire Google Play Store catalog. Everything will depend on the version of Android you have, it is important that it is as recent as possible.
- They are usually more versatile, also more powerful (everything will depend on the specific model of Android TV Box).
- They tend to have more RAM and storage, hence they also allow the execution of apps that need more performance (there are also very powerful Android TVs, such as the Nvidia Shield).
Android TV Box 10.0 【4GB RAM + 64GB ROM】 Bqeel TV Box RK3318 Quad-Core 64bit Cortex-A53 with 2k * 4K UHD H.265, 5GHz / 2.4GHz WiFi, BT 4.0, USB 3.0 Smart TV Box
TV Box Android 10.0, QPLOVE Q6 Android TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM H616 Quad-Core CPU Mali-G31 GPU Support 3D 6K Dual WiFi 2.4 / 5GHz Bluetooth 5.0 H.265 Ethernet 100M Smart TV Box
Advantages of an Android TV
- The use with the remote control is much more comfortable.
- Perfect for the most popular streaming applications.
- They have Google Chromecast integrated to send content from mobile.
- They do not usually suffer from software incompatibilities.
- The apps on your Google Play are adapted to the TV interface.
- Connect to the television and configure minimally, they do not usually involve complications.
One last note: make sure that the product description matches one or another operating system. Android TV Boxes are often not clearly specified like this; And there are stores that sell Android TV devices like an Android TV Box. Read the information well and check it before buying.
Xiaomi Mi TV Stick Full HD, HDR HDMI Quad-Core DDR4, Bluetooth, WiFi Dolby DTS HD Decoding, Dual Google Assistant, Netflix, Android TV 9.0 [Versión Global]