The first region of the Pokémon GO game to be honored in a series of events that will take place in the remainder of the month.
Pokémon GO will close this very important month of February for the Pokémon saga, since on the 27th of this month its 25th anniversary is celebrated, with a series of events that will remember the region where Pikachu and company began their journey, Kanto.
Niantic has prepared a spectacular closure for this month of February with two events that will pay tribute to Kanto: a main event in which we can capture and evolve to a lot of Pokémon and a final event, which will take place on the last day of the month, which will consist of a day of raids, in which we can get some Pokémon such as Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres and even a new Dark Legendary Pokémon.
Kanto main event dates and times in Pokémon GO
After the Valentine's event comes the main Kanto event, which will take place from Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 8:00 p.m., local time.
These are all the details of the Kanto main event in Pokémon GO
- Pokemon like Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Weedle, Pikachu, Geodude, Clefairy, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Gastly, Voltorb, or Magikarp they will appear wild more often.
- Many Pokémon will be attracted to Incense like Caterpie, Pidgey, Spearow, Poliwag, Abra, Seel, Machop, Krabby, Exeggcute, Horsea, and Goldeen.
- The following Pokémon will appear when the 5 km Eggs hatch: Oddish, Bellsprout, Tangela, Dratini, Pichu, Elekid and Magby.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward Stardust and encounters with Pokémon such as Doduo, Magnemite, Diglett, Omanyte, Kabuto, Snorlax, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy.
- The following Pokémon will appear in raids:* One star raids: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magikarp and Dratini.
- Three Star Raids: Scyther, Pinsir, Machoke, Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler and Lapras.
- Five Star Raids: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo.
- Some of the Collection Challenges from the Pokémon GO: Kanto Tour will continue to be available after the Kanto Celebration Event.
- If you evolve the following Pokémon during the event, its evolved form will know an exclusive attack:
- If you evolve to Ivysaur (the evolved form of Bulbasaur) you will be able to obtain a Venusaur with the attack: Wild plant.
- If you evolve Charmeleon (the evolved form of Charmander) you can get a Charizard with the attack: Igneous Ring.
- If you evolve to Wartortle (the evolved form of Squirtle) you can obtain a Blastoise with the attack: Hydro cannon.
- If you evolve to Pichu you can get a Pikachu with the attack: Surf.
- If you evolve an Eevee to any of its evolved forms you can get the attack: Last Trick.
- If you evolve to Dragonair (the evolved form of Dratini) you can obtain a Dragonite with the attack: Draco comet.
Date and time of the final Kanto event in Pokémon GO
The final Kanto event in Pokémon GO will be held on Sunday, February 28, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time.
This is everything that the final Kanto event includes in Pokémon GO
- The Pokémon Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres They will appear in the five-star raids and with any luck, you might even find them in their varicolored version.
- If you complete the new special investigations of Team GO Rocket you can save from its clutches a new Dark Legendary Pokémon.
- A batch of three Remote Raid Passes are available in the store starting from Saturday, February 27 at 10:00 p.m. to Monday, March 1 at 10:00 p.m. local time.
- You can get up five free raid passes spinning the PokéStops and Gyms Photodiscts during the event.
- During the event, you can use a charged attack TM to Shadow Pokémon forget about the Frustration Charged Attack.
- Team GO Rocket Recruits will appear more frequently at Poké stops and in balloons while the event lasts.