With these simple adjustments you will say goodbye to annoying messages from unknown people.
Telegram has been gaining popularity and for many it is a matter of time before it surpasses WhatsApp in number of usersSince, in terms of functions, Telegram looks much better than WhatsApp.
However, due to the ignorance that many people have about this application, They call her complicated and even insecure. This is how many users have criticized that unknown people can contact them without their permission. Although this is true, Telegram gives you the option to block anyone who is not within your contactsLet's see how to do it below.
Why can strangers write to you on Telegram?
Telegram offers some functions that other messaging apps don't have, providing privacy options that are really very interesting. That you are contacted by stranger can happen for a couple of reasons, one of them is that you have an option active that allows anyone to write to you, or otherwise, that people close to your location also have the possibility to send you a message This happens because Telegram has the option that people who are within a radius of up to 3 kilometers can contact you, just like you with them.
For both cases there is a quick and easy solution you can apply.
Steps to prevent anyone from writing to you
First, we are going to deactivate the option to prevent anyone from writing to you, for them follow these steps:
- Enter Telegram and go to Settings, you get this in the three horizontal lines located in the upper left corner.
- Then press the option Privacy & Security.
- You will be shown a menu, choose Phone number.
- You will be taken to another screen with some options, where there is one that says Who can see my number?
- We recommend choosing My contacts so that only the people you have added can contact you, in the same way, you can choose No one, so no person (contacts or strangers) can see your phone number.
- You can also modify in the section that says Who can find me by my number? And mark My contacts instead of Everyone.
- Once you save these changes, go back once in the menu and enter the option Groups and channels.
- This section allows you to choose who can include you in a group, you will have only two options Everyone or My contacts, choose the second option to avoid being contacted by strangers. The same can be done for calls, profile picture, and last time online.
If you hide your phone number, your contacts will be able to locate you only through the username.
How to avoid being seen by close people
As we discussed earlier, Telegram has the option to show you to people close to the site where you are, although this option is blocked by default, if for some reason you granted the necessary permissions, we will show you how can you stop being visible for those Telegram users who are nearby:
- Click again on the three horizontal lines located in the upper left part of your mobile.
- Choose the option Contacts.
- Press the section Find people nearby.
- In the first line the option will appear in red Stop showing me, if you had previously activated the option Make myself visible, press it and voila, you will immediately cease to be visible to nearby users that you do not know.
With these simple steps you can keep your privacy in Telegram to 100%, preventing strangers from contacting you. Likewise, we invite you to see 103 Telegram functions that are not in WhatsApp, so that you know a little more about this excellent instant messaging app.