Do you need to perform Google searches in another language and you don't feel like changing the system settings of your Android? You can also easily change the region so that Google can offer you results from other territories without using VPNs or similar tools: with a few simple steps you can customize search for your account.
With the Google account, not only can any Android phone be started, it also opens the door to advantages offered by company applications. Among them is search, Google's base and one of the spaces where it is most used to innovate. And to restrict: by default, Google will offer you the results related to your language and your region. Fortunately, changing them is really easy, it can also be very practical.
Customize the search language and region for your entire Google account
Imagine that you want to obtain results that are related to the country where you plan to go on vacation, for example. Or that you want to use English search terms so that Google refers only to results in that language, not your Spanish database. Changing the language of the system from the settings would allow altering the search engine; with the drawback that the entire phone would also adapt to change.
The Google search engine allows region and language customization from page settings. To achieve this you need to perform the following steps:
- Open your mobile browser and go to the Google page (Google.com).
- Look at the bottom of the page and click on 'Settings'.
- Go to 'Search Settings'.
- To change the region of the results, go down to that menu and choose the country you want from the drop-down.
- The language that Google will choose to offer you the results it will be the one for the region you have chosen.
- If you want to change the language to that of another region, look at the 'Add another language' drop-down. Press and choose the one you want.
- For Google to restrict the results to the selected language, you will have to select it from the search engine's home page. You can easily switch between the different languages
By combining the region and the language, you can make Google search related to a different territory than the one you are currently in: you decide how to customize the search. And you can easily reverse the changes by setting your initial region and language from the same settings.
You must bear in mind that you not only personalize the Google search in your mobile browser: the changes apply to your account; So, if you use the search engine on your tablet or computer Google will return the results according to the language and region you chose on the phone. All changes are applied to the Google account.