Going to Telegram has never been so easy, since you can now import all your WhatsApp conversations into the app. We explain how, step by step.
Most of our social circle uses WhatsApp and not Telegram, which makes it extremely difficult to use only the latter as a communication tool. We tried to help you a few years ago, when we gave you arguments to get your friends to switch to Telegram.
However, the most important step to achieve this transfer of users it was given by Telegram itself integrating a function to import your chats from WhatsApp to the platform. Thanks to this tool, any user can transfer your WhatsApp conversations to Telegram to continue them there and abandon the messaging service acquired by Facebook at once.
Step by step, we explain below how to import WhatsApp chats to Telegram without any complications.
How to import your WhatsApp chats to Telegram
Although its community of users is growing little by little, the reality is that it is difficult to find all our family and friends on Telegram. Despite security breaches and until Telegram's own creator accuses it of being "dangerous", WhatsApp continues to be the most popular messaging platform.
This reign is seriously threatened with the function integrated by Telegram in early 2021, as the change of users from one service to another it's easier than ever. That's right, Telegram has added a function to import your chats from WhatsApp.
If what mattered to you was losing the extensive conversations that you have had so far on WhatsApp, with this tool you can keep them and even continue them on Telegram. Step by step, we explain how to use it to import your WhatsApp chats to Telegram:
- Enter WhatsApp and click on the conversation you want to import.
- Click on the three dot button in the upper right corner.
- In the menu that appears, click on the option "Export chat".
- Choose if you want to export the conversation with or without multimedia files.
- Choose "Telegram" in the options window that appears.
- Within Telegram, select the conversation to which you want to import the content of the WhatsApp chat.
- Click on "Import" and the process will begin, the duration of which will depend on the size of the conversation that you are going to pass from WhatsApp to Telegram.
After carrying out this import process, which you see is easy and fast, in Telegram you can check all the messages and chat files that you have imported. Thus, you can follow the conversation on Telegram and leave WhatsApp behind once and for all.
The function of importing chats from WhatsApp is available in the Telegram version 7.4. If it still doesn't appear on your devices, you just have to wait a few days to receive it. Remember that it is very important that always keep Telegram updated to enjoy the latest news instantly.