Why you shouldn't sleep with your phone under your pillow


Our smartphones will rest better on a flat, non-flammable and ventilated surface, and we will be calmer.

Despite the improvement that most smartphones have experienced in their battery capacity, the truth is that the vast majority of users continue to take advantage of the nights to recharge their phones. The fear of being short of charge at a time when you cannot resort to a plug continues to predominate and this leads us to want to ensure at all costs that when we step outside the home the battery will be 100%.

Many times the same mobile dependency It also leads us to want to sleep as close to the phone as possible, but the tables are for something. The mobile needs to breathe just like we do so now uniting mobile phone, pillow and charger is an unwise combination.

charger alert

We should not carry our smartphone in bed.

Beyond news like the one published by 91mobiles in which it is reported that a Nokia mobile burned under a man's pillow, the truth is that our smartphones can end Burning wherever there's oxygen But, if they do, it will be mainly due to poor quality components, although Charging the mobile under the pillow I already anticipate that it encourages the process.

Always charge in ventilated areas

Devices should always be charged in one place where oxygen can flow freely And, as you can imagine, under the pillow it doesn't. It is not that the mobile is going to explode, as it would probably turn off when it reaches high temperatures, but it can reach burning pillow or plugged in charging cables which, for dangerous purposes, could cause the same devastating effects.

Also be careful with the charging accessories. These are the causes of the vast majority of incidents because, despite their modernization, at the time they are damaged they can cause an overvoltage.

fire caused faulty cable

This image shared by Newton Firefighters shows the effects a bad cable can cause.

Phones have a power regulator that determines how much power flows into the battery. The same happens with the other end of the plug, the one that connects to the wall. The problem is as soon as one of the parts is damaged, because the correct energy stops flowing, leading to the appearance of high temperatures and the materials of the phone and external components to ignite.

After all this, there is two clear conclusions.

  • First: do not charge your mobile in any place where oxygen does not flow easily, nor on a material that would burn easily (papers, for example).
  • Second: use reliable charging devices, preferably from the phone's own brand or from other trusted companies. Saving a few bucks on uncertified cables can be upsetting.

Comments